Friday 5 October 2012

Anthologies!

I have short stories in four anthologies - three out already and one upcoming:



Unfettered

Now look at the author list on this one. That's right ... best ever! Terry Brooks, Patrick Rothfuss, Robert Jordan & Brandon Sanderson, Jacqueline Carey, Tad Williams, Geno & R.A. Salvatore, Naomi Novik, Peter V. Brett, Daniel Abraham, Lev Grossman, David Anthony Durham, Peter Orullian, Blake Charlton, Eldon Thompson, Michael J. Sullivan, Robert V.S. Redick, Carrie Vaughn, Mark Lawrence, Kevin Hearne, Jennifer Bosworth, Todd Lockwood, and Shawn Speakman.

It's for a great cause (paying off the cancer bills for fellow author Shawn Speakman) and I wrote a Jorg story for it. Buy it here!



Triumph over Tragedy

A great line-up of authors donating their stories to help out the victims of Hurricane Sandy. My story 'Quick' is one of my favorite bits of work.


Fantasy Faction

This anthology is to support the Fantasy Faction fantasy book site/community to save them having to depend upon a donate button. There are articles and short stories from a number of published authors including some big names and six stories from users of the website - these coming from more than 1000 submissions!

Confirmed short stories from me, Adrian Tchaikovsky, Jon Sprunk, Myke Cole, Michael J. Sullivan & Richard Ford. More coming, plus some articles from some very big names.

Pre-order it here!


Fading Light

And finally the only non-charity anthology of the bunch. Fading Light can be purchased in the US or UK and isn't in support of anything except the authors whose work it contains. I probably earn about a cent per copy sold, but that's not the reason I put a story into it. I wrote my contribution years ago and put a fair amount of effort into the process. My story 'Dark Tide' suited the anthology theme very well indeed, and when Tim Marquitz asked if I wanted to take part my first thought was that it would be great to have a few more people read the piece rather than have it gather e-dust in my e-drawer. Some great stories in this one, ably reviewed here. Buy it here.

4 comments:

  1. Ok thats all 3 purchased...now stop it...its expensive

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you planning on releasing an anthology with all your short-stories in the future (or is it too early to ask)?

    Because I really, really want to read more of your work, but with the state of the economy in my country I can't justify spending so much for "just" three stories.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. heh - no, I don't think the market for anthologies is strong enough to support minor authors pushing out collections of their own short tales. And of course the three anthologies above aren't just padding for my three stories, you have brilliant writers in all of them, both very famous and not so famous. But if price is an issue - have you checked out my three free short stories here? http://www.princeofthorns.com/Stories.html

      Delete
    2. I sure have :) I've read two so far (the first one is unbelievably good), and I'm saving the last one for a special occasion :D

      Delete