Wednesday 25 June 2014

My first EVENT, ever!



You may have noticed that I don't get out a lot. In fact I've only been more than 10 miles from my home once in the past decade. I have a very disabled daughter and I'm required to be on hand to help with her. Even when we have respite carers in I need to be within earshot to carry her about when she needs moving.

All this means that with 6 months' notice and enough motivation I can reach an 80-90% probability of attending an event - which frankly isn't high enough for me to agree to anything that depends upon me. I'm never going to agree to a signing and have people make the effort to be there if there's a 20% chance I might not turn up. I wouldn't take that risk of wasting people's time.

HOWEVER - when Joe Abercrombie, Peter V. Brett, and Myke Cole are heading the bill under the expert stewardship of Marc Aplin then I know anyone going is going to get a great dose of fantasy related goodness whether I make it or not. And under those conditions I agreed to do my damnedest to attend. It'd take two broken legs or some Celyn-related crisis to stop me!


It looks like I'll also be able to come to the drinks afterwards and hang out a bit, in a good way.

Click HERE to get the full details of how to sign up - it's free but space is limited.


1 comment:

  1. Have a wonderful event and raise a glass for me, Mark.
    Maybe if you come across the Pond I'll get to attend your second?
    xo
    deb

    ReplyDelete